BOTO is a great wood replacement choice non-stress application. The beauty of this product is that it cuts, drills, routs and fastens the same as wood.
However, there are a few considerations and procedures that should be followed when installing pvc trim to allow a quality installation. Many contractors are not aware or do not follow these steps.
1. Do not use finish, brads or staples. Fasteners MUST have a head.
2. Fasteners should penetrate the wood substrate a minimum of 1-1/2”.
3. The best fasteners I’ve seen are the Cortex and are made by Fasten Master. This system has a special screw adapter that sinks the screw at the correct depth to receive a PVC plug. It’s real nice system and conceals the fastener heads without caulking, sanding or painting.
4. Install fasteners no more than 2” from the end of boards.
5. Install 2 fasteners for boards less than 12” wide. Wider boards require more fasteners.
6. Install fasteners every 12” to 16” o.c.
1. Glue joints and secure with a fastener to prevent joint separation.
2. Use adhesive – it has a 10 minute working time and is fully cured in 24 hours.